Sunday, May 23, 2010

FACE PAINT: Avatar





I suppose it's a blogger's job to stay on top of new and upcoming things, but what can I say? People make mistakes, and I'm new at this. So when I say I only just saw Avatar, the major motion picture that took over the world and founded this age of 3D madness, please try not to laugh.

To recap, Avatar is James Cameron's story of crippled ex-marine Jake Sully (Sam Worthington) and his discovery of the beautiful planet of Pandora and its Na'vi people, including his love interest Neytiri (the wonderful Zoe Saldana). The catch? He's been sent by the U.S. and disguised as one of the Na'vi in order to destroy the region in order to obtain fuel (aka unobtainium...get it!?). The heavy duty message of enviromental preservation, both inspiring and guilt-tripping, is enforced by the beauty, color, and spectacular imagery of the jungle and its otherworldly animals. Countless viewers of this movie across the world claim they were lost in Pandora while watching this movie.


after watching, I decided to try my hand at Youtuber Michelle Phan's Avatar-inspired eye makeup. I've been a big fan for a long time, but I've never tried this tutorial before because only recently did I obtain the colorful shadows I needed to try this look. Michelle Phan is the #1 makeup artist on Youtube, loved for her use of fearless use of underrated techniques (multi-winged eyeliner, eyelash curling) as well as her natural remedies to your facial needs (olive oil makeup remover, hot cocoa bronzer).


Above is my very own Avatar Inspired Eye. Try it out yourself!
P.S. Yes, I do have thick eyebrows. Thick is in baby!!

1 comment: